March 21st is World Down Syndrome Day, which has been officially recognised by the United Nations since 2012.
On this day, people all around the world celebrate the lives and achievements of people with Down syndrome, creating a global voice, advocating for the rights, inclusion and wellbeing of people with Down syndrome.
Down Syndrome Australia documented a great collection of articles, videos and more in celebration of World Down Syndrome Day 2015, which you can find in our Down syndrome in the media page.
- Word Down Syndrome Day 2016
- World Down Syndrome Day 2015
- World Down Syndrome Day 2014
- Lots of Socks
- March - T4321
T4321 (‘Tea for trisomy 21’) is held throughout the month of March to celebrate World Down Syndrome Day and the lives and achievements of people with Down syndrome.
Step UP! for Down syndrome is an event to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Week in October.
Please visit the Step UP! for Down syndrome website for all the details of events in your area.
- Down Syndrome Australia has plans to host conferences in Australia in the future. Stay tuned for more details.
- World Down Syndrome Congress (WDSC) is organised by Down Syndrome International and held every 3 years in a different location. The next WDSC will be held in Glasgow, Scotland in 2018.
Annual General Meeting
The next Annual General Meeting is being held in Brisbane on Friday 27 November 2015. If you would like more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To open, view and print PDF files, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free from the Adobe website.