STAYING HEALTHY – Understanding the challenges of obesity 2020 is the second annual Health Conference presented by Down Syndrome NSW, and the first being presented in online format.
The goals of the conference:
• To increase knowledge and awareness among family members and professionals of the health issues faced by people with Down syndrome related to obesity and metabolic diseases.
• To assist family members and professionals to be more aware and alert for the signs and symptoms of health issues associated with obesity and metabolic diseases.
• To assist family members and professionals with practical strategies to manage health conditions associated with obesity.
• To increase the confidence of family members to raise issues and concerns with their health care team.
• To assist family members and professionals to advocate and influence change in the health system.
To support those who were unable to attend the live sessions of the conference, we have made the video recordings available for purchase. These videos will be viewable until the end of October 2020.
Keynote speaker: Professor Katherine Samaras – Endocrinologist, St Vincent’s Hospital and Garvan Institute of Medical Research
Mr Stewart Hayes – Podiatrist at Orthotic Solutions Podiatry Clinics
Ms Carmel DiMarco – Exercise Physiologist at Sydney University
Associate Professor Brendan Yee – Staff Specialist in Respiratory and Sleep Medicine at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
Ms Katherine Bathgate & Ms Sue Gerbert – Dietitian
Sessions 1 and 2 are on sale now via the following links
Session 3 will go on sale Monday 7th September
DSNSW Health Conference Supported by NSW Government, Community Underwriting and Bunnings