Are you looking to:
- Get your foot in the door with the casual role
- Work with adults with Down syndrome
- Work On-site, on-line location + outings in the Sydney area
- For an Immediate start
Down Syndrome NSW is an organisation championing the right of people with Down syndrome to have the same access to society as everyone else. It achieves this by supporting people with Down syndrome, their families and carers to be part of a strong and vibrant community that is informed, engaged and active and runs a variety of programs.
In this casual role, you will support program delivery by:
- Contributing to the online activity programs
- Supporting participants to participate in outings to locations within the Sydney area.
This role provides for periodic casual work online on Tuesday and Friday afternoons and weekends or as scheduled and occasional weekend work both on line and physical outings.
You will need:
- Experience working with adults with an intellectual disability or lived experience
- Strong communication skills
- Confident online skills to participate in Zoom recreation sessions
- Availability for periodic work on Tuesday/Friday afternoon and some weekends
- Willingness to obtain a Working With Children Check and Police check
- Completed NDIS required training- or willingness to do so
Please email Carol Lewis explaining your interest, suitability for the role and availability along with your resume.