The workshop will:
• Provide an interactive teaching environment
• Support learning a basic vocabulary of signs to use in everyday settings
• Teach how to choose which signs
• Cover principles of Key Word Sign and Gesture
• Reinforce how sign helps communication development
The workshop is suitable for:
• Parents/carers, family, and members of the community
• Anyone interested in Key Word Sign
All participants will receive:
• ‘Getting Started with Key Word Sign’ booklet
• Certificate of completion
NB. Snacks will be provided during the workshop, however participants are asked to grab coffee/drinks and lunch and/or a fridge is available if you wish to bring your own lunch.
CAN I USE MY CHILD’S NDIS FUNDING TO ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
YES, Parents can use their child’s NDIS funding to attend this workshop as long as building capacity and skills in key word sign will help achieve their child’s NDIS goals.
Are you NDIA managed…?
*Social distancing protocols in line with the current government recommendations will be adhered to. If restrictions change outside the control of participant and the workshop is cancelled due to COVID, it will be re-scheduled and/or a full refund provided.
Date: Saturday 19th February 2022
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm (QLD)
282 Stafford Road, Stafford, QLD 4053
About the event
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Event Registration is taken in accordance with our Event Terms and Conditions.