Diversity in the Classroom – Tips for Teaching Students with Down syndrome
This workshop is a unique opportunity for teachers to hear from Educators who are also parents of children with Down syndrome.
Date: Monday 22nd February, 2021
Time: 9.00am – 3.00pm
Ramada Encore Belconnen
110 Benjamin Way, Belconnen, ACT, 2617
About the event
The workshop will be interactive with opportunities throughout the day to network. We will break into small groups to share ideas and strategies, with other Educators.
Topics will include:
- What does it mean for a person to have Down syndrome?
- How does Down syndrome impact a student’s learning and inclusion in the classroom?
- Practical strategies to support classroom teaching
- Understanding the link between communication and behaviour
- Transition—why is it important and how can you do it successfully
- Simple strategies to support positive behaviours
$150.00 + fees
$180.00 + fees
Ticket prices include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
To register, please visit our online registration page.