The Peer Support Network program is a volunteer program facilitated by Down Syndrome Queensland. Peer Supporters are parents and close family members of children and adults with Down syndrome across Queensland who want to support family members in their local community. The role includes:
- Providing information and support to families/carers and people with Down syndrome
- Linking families into the community
- Coordinating local family social events
- Increasing awareness of Down syndrome in the community
- Communicating the views and needs of families from the local region to DSQ
We also have a group of Peer Supporters who are adults with Down syndrome. This program is currently at capacity but will be open to new members later in the year.