The Regional Representative program is a volunteer program facilitated by Down Syndrome Queensland. The regional representative are parents of children and adults with Down syndrome who want to support family members in their local community. The role includes;
- Providing information and support to families/carers and people with Down syndrome
- Link families into the community
- Coordinate local family social events
- Increase awareness of Down syndrome in their community
- Communicate the views and needs of families from their region to DSQ
- Support local fundraising needs
For further information and support please contact the team at Down Syndrome Queensland and ask to speak to the Services Support Manager on (07) 3356 6655 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.