Employment Services for people with Down syndrome
Down Syndrome Western Australia (DSWA) offers employment services including:
- The Discovery Process, working one on one with participants to discover your work goals, dream job, strengths
- Work Readiness Program that may assist in transition into the broader workforce, preparing resumes, how to prepare for work
- Employment connection and job matching of our participants with prospective employers, and
- Employment Mentoring, one to one, employment support in the workplace
- NDIS funded services
Contact our Employment Coordinator for further information.
The NDIS and employment
In addition to Employment Support, you may be looking for some further support in relation to your plan and how you can maximise NDIS funding to support your employment goals. Support Coordination may be valuable to you. Contact our Support Coordinator for more information.
Right to work website:
- For job seekers
- For supporters (family, carers and workers)
- Employment Ambassadors information
- Success stories
DSWA is committed to partnering with organisations that support our members employment goals. In August 2021, we followed 4 workers from a variety of organisations across Perth to document their day-to-day working lives.