Endless Possibilities Recording 2023 – TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT, PLEASE EMAIL EDUCATION@DOWNSYNDROMEQLD.ORG.AU
At Down Syndrome Queensland, we believe all students should be fully included in their local age-equivalent classroom, accessing appropriate year-level curriculum with reasonable adjustments. We provide support to teachers and schools/organisations to ensure students with Down syndrome and/or Intellectual Disabilities are maximising their educational outcomes in the most inclusive learning environment possible.
This year’s conference included speakers from Education Queensland, Autism Queensland, Language Disorder Australia and more to provide practical and workable ideas, strategies and tips to support educators in inclusive practices. There are 10 content sessions included in this recording package, including:
- Inclusive leadership is where the magic begins! – Deb Dunstone, The Learner First Australia
- Visual supports for learning, independence and communication – Rebecca Curtis, Down Syndrome Queensland
- Language development for students with intellectual Disability and Down syndrome – Athena Panagopoulos, Language Disorder Australia
- Co-occurring conditions of Down syndrome and Autism – Caitlin O’Connor, Autism Queensland
- Assistive Technology – Jeff Souter
- Executive Functioning Skills – Emma Forward
- Allied Health Partnerships in the classroom – Nathan Brown, Adaptability Therapy
- Inclusive Pedagogies: Differentiation and Universal Design for learning – Dr Carly Lassig, Down Syndrome Queensland
- What is Down syndrome? Bryden’s story – Bryden and Denise Maindonald
- Individual Curriculum Plan (ICP) Updates – Natalia Russ, Department of Education
TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT, PLEASE EMAIL EDUCATION@DOWNSYNDROMEQLD.ORG.AU
Please note that these sessions are sold as a whole package, not individually.