DSAN member Lauren made up this healthy smoothie recipe. She says you can have it for breakfast or lunch.
This recipe makes enough for 1 person to drink.
- 250 mls of milk (1 cup)
- 1 small tub of plain or vanilla yoghurt
- 1 banana
- 3 strawberries
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 2 Weetbix
- 1 Tablespoon of honey (optional)
- Wash the strawberries and blueberries.
- Cut the leaves off the strawberries.
- Peel the banana and cut it into a few small pieces.
- Put all the fruit and the two Weetbix into the blender.
- Measure the milk in a measuring cup and pour into the blender.
- Use a spoon to put the yoghurt into the blender.
- Put the honey into the blender if you are using it.
- Put the blender lid on tightly.
- Plug the blender in and turn on the power switch.
- Turn the blender on for 30 seconds. You might need to hold onto the top.
- Turn off the blender and take off the lid.
- Drink from the blender cup or pour the smoothie into a different cup to drink.
Download this smoothie recipe in the following formats: