Advocacy is always the primary focus of all of our activity. We constantly work at barriers and systems that get in the way.
Many of our team members have lived experience which enables us to advocate with knowledge and credibility.
Some of the ways we actively advocate include:
- Self-advocacy Down Syndrome NSW Advisory Network.
- Supported (individual) advocacy for a person with Down syndrome and/or the person who cares for them.
- Systemic advocacy such as sitting on advisory groups, responding to issues papers and conducting campaigns.
- Policy influence where activities may include writing submissions, lobbying, sitting on advisory groups and conducting campaigns.
- Sector development such as writing submissions, sitting on advisory groups and responding to inquiries and issues papers.