- We support people with Down syndrome to achieve their goals
- We encourage the community to support and include people with Down syndrome and their families
The Association was formed in 1984. Our main aim is to help families help their children with Down syndrome to realise their full potential. Our members are parents, carers and guardians of children and adults with Down syndrome as well as other professionals interested in the welfare of people with Down syndrome.
Our main objectives are to:
- Portray people with Down syndrome in a positive way
- Promote the need for accommodation, recreation and support facilities
- Ensure new parents of babies with Down syndrome have ongoing access to the support they need
- Campaign for education facilities and programs to be available for all people with Down syndrome
Get In Touch
Down Syndrome Tasmania
PO Box 1157
DEVONPORT TAS 7310
Phone: 1300 592050
Down Syndrome Tasmania does not have an office. Please get in touch using the phone number or email above and we will respond as soon as possible.