Down Syndrome Victoria is a community based not-for-profit membership organisation made up of people with Down syndrome, their families, friends and professionals, all committed to achieving positive change.
We work alongside people with Down syndrome and their families so that they may reach their full potential and live the lives they choose.
We provide parents, families, professionals and friends of people with Down syndrome with support, encouragement, information and resources.
We are a not-for-profit organisation established in 1978 to provide support, information and resources to people with Down syndrome, their families and the broader community.
We work alongside people with Down syndrome and their families, so that they may reach their full potential and live the lives they choose. We provide parents, families, professionals and friends of people with Down syndrome with support, information, resources and encouragement.
- Personal support for parents and other family members during pregnancy and throughout the lifespan
- Social groups for teens and adults with Down syndrome
- A staffed office in Abbotsford offering personal assistance and information open Monday to Thursday from 9:30am to 4:30pm
- Training and information workshops covering a wide range of topics
- An education support service providing support and information for teachers who have a student with Down syndrome enrolled at their school
- A library including books and resources available to our members
- A variety of events for our members and supporters
- Systemic advocacy supports the full participation of people with Down syndrome in the economic and social life of the community
Our work and strategic plan
We are currently working on a new strategic plan which you will be able to read here soon.
Get In Touch
Get in Touch
Street address: 18/71 Victoria Crescent Abbotsford VIC 3067
Postal address: 18/71 Victoria Crescent Abbotsford VIC 3067
Phone: 03 9486 9600
Toll free: 1300 658 873
Fax: 03 9486 9601
Office Hours: 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday