Down Syndrome Victoria is a community based not-for-profit membership organisation established in 1978, made up of people with Down syndrome, their families, friends and professionals, all committed to achieving positive change.
We work alongside people with Down syndrome and their families to reach their potential and live the lives they choose.
We provide parents, families, professionals and friends of people with Down syndrome with support, encouragement, information and resources.
- Advice, support, workshops, information, and community for people with Down syndrome
- Personal support for parents and other family members during pregnancy and throughout the lifespan
- Social groups for teens and adults with Down syndrome
- Personal assistance and information over the phone Monday to Thursday from 10:00am to 4:30pm
- Online community groups for families and people with Down syndrome
- Training and information workshops covering a wide range of topics for people with Down syndrome, families, educators and health professionals
- An education support service providing support and information for teachers who have a student with Down syndrome enrolled at their school
- A library including books and resources available to our members
- A variety of events for our members and supporters
- Systemic advocacy that supports the full participation of people with Down syndrome in the economic and social life of the community
Please don’t hesitate to contact us on 9486 9600 or email@example.com if you would like to speak with a team member or find our more about our organisation.
Our work and strategic plan
Down Syndrome Victoria
This page tells you about Down Syndrome Victoria and the work that we do.
Down Syndrome Victoria is the organisation for people with Down syndrome and families in Victoria.
We help people with Down syndrome and families with support, information and resources.
We have support services for people with Down syndrome and families, at all stages of life.
Here are the services we offer:
• groups and activities
• information about Down syndrome
• support for people with Down syndrome
• support for parents and families
• support for professionals and teachers
• workshops and training.
We also advocate for people with Down syndrome and their families.
This means we help to make sure that people with Down syndrome can be fully included in their community.
You can find our policies on our website. This means the way we work, and your rights as a customer.
Go to our Policies and Procedures.
We have events like social clubs, outings, workshops and webinars.
You can read about our events on our Events page.
Telephone: 1300 658 873
Get In Touch
Get in Touch
Street address: 18/71 Victoria Crescent Abbotsford VIC 3067
Postal address: 18/71 Victoria Crescent Abbotsford VIC 3067
Phone: 03 9486 9600
Toll free: 1300 658 873
Fax: 03 9486 9601
Office Hours: 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday