We value the part that volunteers play at our events and their involvement in our programs. Volunteers help build skills and confidence in people with Down syndrome they connect with in a natural and inclusive way and share their friendship and enthusiasm.
Contact us to discuss current volunteering opportunities.
Down Syndrome WA is the only association in WA which advocates exclusively for the interests of people with Down syndrome and their families. Membership give us a stronger voice in the community to increase our advocacy and support services.
- three copies of the national journal ‘Voice’ delivered to your mailbox each year
- free Aim High club membership (for adults with Down syndrome 18+)
- access to events hosted by Down Syndrome WA for members
- discounted member prices for some presentations and workshops
- complimentary tickets to shows and other events which are donated to us
- as well as full use of our support services (all ages and stages), helpline, library, information, support groups, education support and adult support
Down Syndrome WA relies on donations to continue to provide information, services and advocacy. Please support us with your one-off or regular donation.
Wills and Bequests
Contact us for information about leaving a will or bequest to Down Syndrome WA.
We have funded all our operations for 30 years without the help of any ongoing government funding!
Our funds come from membership fees, fundraising events, grants and sponsorship. Some of our projects are only made possible through ongoing sponsorship such as:
- Family support services
- Information resources
- Social connections for all age groups
- Education support
- National events such as Step UP!
Let’s work together to create opportunities of support and connection for our community.