Get Involved

Get Involved thumbnail.

Get Involved


Membership is open to anyone with Down syndrome or anyone connected to someone with Down syndrome and is completely free. This could be a parent/carer, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, school or organisation.

Down Syndrome Western Australia (DSWA) is the only association in WA which advocates exclusively for the interests of people with Down syndrome and their families. Membership give us a stronger voice in the community to increase our advocacy and support services.

To become a member or, discuss our services and supports, contact DSWA.


EOFY Donations

Are you getting ready for EOFY? Preparing your tax deductions?

You can make a financial year donation to DSWA and help us continue to support people with Down syndrome and their families. Donations from $2 are tax deductible. Many services we offer are not funded programs. Everyday, we provide support and information to the community, new members, parents, participants and many other groups, which requires the support and generosity of the WA community. Make a donation today and help us support a life of possibility.

Regular Giving and Donations

Regular giving or a donation are one of the most effective ways you can help support DSWA. Simply choose a donation amount or set up a regular gift to be debited from your credit card or nominated bank account once a fortnight/month. You can update your payment details, update the gift amount or cancel or pause this at any stage.

Wills and Bequests

Leaving a gift in your Will is a way to ensure your estate goes to the people and causes that you care about and have supported throughout your life.

If you would like more information about leaving a will or bequest to DSWA please contact DSWA.


We value the part that volunteers play at our events and their involvement in our programs. Volunteers help build skills and confidence in people with Down syndrome they connect with in a natural and inclusive way and share their friendship and enthusiasm. For further information please contact DSWA.