The Down Syndrome Advisory Network (DSAN) provide direct advice to the Down Syndrome Australia Board. DSAN makes sure that Down Syndrome Australia receives direct input from Australians with Down syndrome on issues that affect them.
DSAN helps Down Syndrome Australia to:
- understand what is important to people with Down syndrome
- guide the Board in its governance and strategy
- make sure the work of Down Syndrome Australia reflects input from people with Down syndrome
- be a credible representative voice for people with Down syndrome
- develop resources, and
- identify and develop people with Down syndrome as leaders.
“It means a lot to me being an ambassador for people with Down syndrome. I will keep on trying to the very best of my ability along with the support and training I receive through the network, to support and advocate for people with Down syndrome; this is something that I am very passionate about.”Claire Mitchell