Services and support for new parents
The Down Syndrome Federation provides a range of information and supportive services for new parents and families.
Across the early years, we provide ongoing support and information across a range of areas as children grow and develop:
- Post-birth support for the whole family
- Early intervention and early childhood development information and advice
- Accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Information on financial and carer assistance
- Transitioning to early childhood and school settings
- Connections with other families and children with Down syndrome
- Facebook support groups
- Join social events near you.
Support, advice and information
Your local Down syndrome association has a support team waiting to assist.
Fill out the form and your Down syndrome association will get in touch with information and support.
Find out more about services in your area
Our national 1300 number (1300 881 935) will connect you to your local state or territory Down syndrome organisation.
We can help you find information, answer your questions, and connect you with other parents of a child with Down syndrome.
Visit your state website to find out more.
Join our supportive community on Facebook
Find support, information and make connections with other parents. Join one of our Facebook groups for parents.
New Parent Information Pack
Looking for information for new parents? Download our New Parent Information Pack.
These resources are designed specifically for parents and families with a new baby who has been diagnosed with Down syndrome.