Down Syndrome Victoria is looking to recruit a facilitator for our exciting and expanding Club21 program!
Club21 is a social program for teenagers and adults with Down syndrome aimed at fostering friendship, peer support, and community inclusion. We have an active membership base, with participants who range in age from 13 to 45. Club21 promotes inclusion and acceptance of people with Down syndrome in the general community. Our activities are held online and in person, throughout the week and on the weekend.
Down Syndrome Victoria (DSV) is the state-wide peak membership organisation representing individuals with Down syndrome and their families. DSV is a not-for-profit organisation established in 1978 to provide support, information, and resources to people with Down syndrome, their families and the broader community. We work alongside people with Down syndrome and their families so they may reach their full potential and live the lives they choose.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced support worker to facilitate group sessions with our wonderful participants on a casual basis. The role involves:
- Supporting teenagers and adults with Down syndrome to take part in activities as a group
- Meeting group members at a pre-determined location or online
- Create opportunities for adults with Down syndrome to extend their networks, voice their opinions and enhance their social skills, confidence, and leadership skills
- Assist members to develop skills in money handling and making choices
- Lead and support volunteers at group activities
- Travel within Victoria to group activities will be required (particularly Melbourne and Ballarat)
If you are creative, energetic, confident and can meet the above criteria, please be sure to apply.
Please send your application to Madison King at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 12th March.