Down Syndrome Victoria is looking to recruit a casual Communications Officer for a maternity leave, fixed term position of 6 months (potential of extension).
The Communications Officer will support the DSV Communications Manager to develop innovative digital content across our various social media channels, support the production of our monthly e-newsletter, promote our training and events, support the development and activation of our membership and engagement strategy and perform other communications and administrative support tasks as required. The ideal candidate will have experience with digital marketing and excellent written communication skills, along with an understanding of our community.
About the role
The successful applicant will join our hardworking and creative team and report to the DSV Communications Manager.
We need an enthusiastic and motivated Communications Officer to:
- Increase community knowledge and awareness of the skills and abilities of people with Down syndrome
- Demonstrate creativity and editing skills to elevate our monthly enewsletter
- Utilise effective marketing skills to maximise our email marketing strategy
- Implement innovative social media campaigns to increase engagement and participation across our channels
- Develop inspiring and sharp content for social media, eDM and other
- Support the development and activation of a membership and engagement strategy
- Provide communications and administrative support to the DSV Communications Manager
If you are a creative digital comms star who can help us with the tasks above, please be sure to apply.
Please send your application to Lucy Bain at email@example.com by 5pm Friday 26 February.