ACT Down Syndrome Association are proud to present a brand new program aimed at current high school students in the ACT.
To teach young adults with an intellectual disability the basic standards and expectations of the mainstream workplace.
Students will attend a series of workshops aimed at addressing some common internal barriers people with intellectual disability in their employment journey:
- Low self-confidence
- Low motivation
- Presence of inappropriate workplace behaviour
- Ineffective workplace communication
Workshop topics will cover:
- Understanding workplace hierarchy
- Social media and the workplace
- Communication – what is it?
- Appropriate workplace behaviour
- Appropriate workplace attire
- Effective time management
As well as workshops for students, information sessions will be provided to parents and families.
For more information and current dates of workshops please contact Gemma at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6290 0656.