Tuesday 18th April, 2023 10.00am – 1.00pm
282 Stafford Rd, Stafford QLD 4053
About the event
This workshop is for any parent or unpaid carer who has a baby / young child / family member diagnosed with a genetic condition where intellectual disability is likely to be present. The workshop will cover topics such as:
• Receiving an early childhood diagnosis and what that can mean for your child’s health and wellbeing
• Advocating for your child’s needs
• Milestones and early intervention – Managing expectations whilst maintaining hope & positivity
• Understanding the Early Childhood Approach (ECA) and the NDIS
• Support & self-care for you and the whole / extended family
• Building connections
Tea, coffee and morning tea will be supplied for those attending in person.
This workshop will NOT be recorded. The will be available as an in-person event and also online. However, if in-person registration numbers are low, it may convert to fully online on the day. Registrants will be kept informed.
Early Years Officer