StepUP! is a national fundraising and awareness campaign held during Down Syndrome Awareness Month every October. It celebrates the significant contributions people with Down syndrome make to our communities.
During Down Syndrome Awareness Month there are a variety of face-to-face and virtual opportunities for supporters to celebrate with and fundraise for their local state or territory Down syndrome association. All funds raised will support your local association to continue their work in supporting and empowering people with Down syndrome to have full access to social and economic inclusion.
Will you join us?
How It Works
You can celebrate, raise funds and create awareness during Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October by either attending a StepUP! event near you, hosting your own event, or by joining in online with #21YourWay.
All event and registration details are available from your local Down syndrome association.
Join us face to face, hold your own event, or choose a #21YourWay challenge! Find out what’s happening in your state or territory below.
Still have questions? Contact us!
Email email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.
Participating online and need a little inspiration for your #21YourWay challenge?
- Take 21 photos of something that you’re grateful for the month of October
- Do 21 star jumps every day in October
- Get moving do 21km in October
- Learn 21 new dance moves over the month of October
- Give up sugar for 21 days in October
- Send 21 messages of kindness to friends and family in October
#21YourWay is about doing things your way! The #21YourWay activity that you select should reflect who you are, and what you stand for.
Can’t join in this year? Don’t worry you can still support us!
- Share this event with friends and family
- Donate to your local Down syndrome organisation