Down Syndrome Australia has developed the following resources to help people with Down syndrome and their families understand employment opportunities.
We have also developed resources for employers, providing information about adjustments that can be made to support people with Down syndrome in paid employment.
The resources developed by Down Syndrome Australia include:
For people with Down syndrome and families
Other helpful resources
Inclusion Australia have developed a website called Everyone Can Work.
This website helps people with intellectual disability and their families understand what help people can get to find regular jobs.
- JobAccess have recently released an Employer Toolkit. The toolkit includes videos and downloadable resources with practical advice on disability and employment.
- The NDIA have recently released resources and information to help people with employment, including a new booklet called Let’s talk about work.
- Supporting Disability Confident and Inclusive Businesses is a toolkit of resources to support creating a disability diverse workplace and highlight some of the benefits available. The toolkit includes videos and information sheets and has been developed by Crest NT.
- My Work Matters has been developed by the NSW Council for Intellectual Disability to highlight people with intellectual disability shining in the workplace.
- The value that employees with Down syndrome can add to organisations – McKinsey & Company